City Design Studio
Los Angeles, CA, USLocation:
Thu, Jun 23 ’22Posted on:
City Design Studio is an architecture and urban design practice with a focus on the revitalization of existing communities and the creation of unique, vibrant, and extraordinary places. Based in Downtown Los Angeles, our work spans the continental United States, and South and Central Asia and ranges in scale from sensitive architecture to the urban design and planning of small Cities. Our practice is actively engaged in design research in collaboration with institutions worldwide.
We are currently working on a prominent and complex civic / commercial project associated with a net-zero sports arena in the greater Los Angeles area. In addition, we are also involved with the proposed development of several transit-oriented mixed-use projects in the greater Los Angeles area that will transform disadvantaged communities. The selected designer will be assuming a key role in these projects on some of the most challenging sites in Los Angeles.
We are seeking a highly motivated designer who is passionate about creating distinctive architecture and communities. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in architecture with an interest in urban design. They must be self-motivated and enjoy working collaboratively with team members and consulting teams in a fast-paced environment. The position offers ample growth opportunities for an organized candidate who can manage various tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture. A post-professional degree in Architecture or Urban Design or equivalent experience is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years experience with architecture and urban design projects
- Excellent design, visualization, and graphic skills with the ability to graphically communicate design concepts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of architectural design, construction documents, and construction administration.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines when necessary.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, and Rhino is required. 3D Max, Vray, Enscape, Lumion and Sketchup experience preferred.
- Developing strong design concepts and communicating them with the team
- Preparation of Design and Construction Documents
- Coordination and verification of materials finishes and details.
- Assist in the preparation of project specifications compiling and analyzing relevant data.
- Prepares progress reports and keeps others informed.
- Conduct material, product, and precedent research as required for project development.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding and construction administration.
Email: [email protected]
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio samples to: Indicate position in Subject Line of e-mail: “JUNIOR DESIGNER”
View your Application History
Back to Job List …